SRA designed a 10,000 square foot addition onto an existing branch library. The project included structural rehabilitation and full renovation of the existing 6,000 square foot library, which was originally constructed in 1926. Using the Chicago Public Library prototype design as a starting point, the interior of the existing building was historically renovated and incorporated into the overall library design. The library included an adult reading room with clerestory windows, children's reading room, a community room, circulation desk, staff/librarian offices and work areas. The existing library's brick and terra cotta façade was cleaned and repaired and windows and doors were replaced with new, energy- efficient windows. The existing clay roof tile was also removed and replaced.